New armor design sketch for 2011 Chinese New Year.

Hi guys, it's been a week of absent on the blog. But here is a new post of an armor design I've been working on last night. The armor concept art is still in process, hopefully I can get it done sometimes this week. The idea of the armor is influenced by the year of the rabbit. I was initially thinking about painting a rabbit Mage, but it didn't turn out well (Maybe I will take another stab at the concept character Mage sometime in the future.)
The second attempt of the rabbit idea was having a huge warrior in rabbit armor gear, I thought it would be cool. Because of such contrast in the face that huge intimidating warrior is wearing a rabbit armor design (You can see the sketch below.) Then finally, I decided to go with a warrior girl in the bulgy armor suit with rabbit design instead. As you will see a character design painting step by step progression below.


First, I begin the rough drawing with just gesture drawing of a female form. As I always say, it is always good to practice life drawing. Then I just sketch over the form with detail of the outfit and armor design. The detail does not have to be tight because we are not aiming for a finish line work. We will paint over everything, so the sketching line will just serve as a guideline for us to paint over. Enjoy the step by step process.


Here is the warrior paladin girl


Here is the idea I started with but did not fell through.
warrior scribble design

Here is a step by step from sketch to basic block in painting.
how to design character

Here is the design I have so far, still work in progress.
how to concept character

Continue to next step: Paladin Warrior in Steel Armor

CHECK OUT our full length PREMIUM video tutorials
Free  Videos      Download & More

0 comments:

Post a Comment