Gundam 00 S2 Insert Song - Tomorrow by Marina Ismail

Marina IsmailEpisode 14 of Gundam 00 S2 featured a new insert song, which was also used as the ending theme song. It was sung by the Marina Ismail character (Ayumi Tsunematsu) and some random poor desert children. The song is called Tomorrow. A lot of people have been talking about this song, and how it feels like Ranka Lee in Macross Frontier. Some really disliked the song (like here...) while others love it (here).As for myself, I'm ashamed to say, I didn't really like the song at first. Maybe because of the whole awkward and cheesy sequence. It didn't feel at all like Gundam 00 to me! I didn't think they would stoop so low, and use a song as a plot device for that episode, making everyone hear it, and preventing Setsuna from killing Ali. Does that song really have magical powers like Aimo Aimo from Macross Frontier? And how did Marina find an organ in the desert? LOL Did I mention by the way, that I really hated Marina's character? She's so full of herself, and really needs to toughen up a bit!
You can download a high quality rip of the song here.


8/10 After listening to "Tomorrow" a couple of times out of its original context, I couldn't help but like it. Maybe because I'm a sucker for anything Kenji Kawai composes. It's a rather simple song with just an organ and children's voices along with Marina Ismail's voice of course. But the melody is still really nice, and I wonder if there will be a longer version with more than just an organ?? It also reminds me of the song Nahji no Uta from the anime Seirei no Moribito, also by Kenji Kawai.

Here's Tomorrow by Marina Ismail, as it appears in episode 14 of Gundam 00 S2:


And here's the similar song, the wonderful Nahji no Uta from Seirei no Moribito:

0 comments:

Post a Comment